Sunday, February 23, 2014

Thing 1: The 7 & 1/2 Habits of A Lifelong Learner

I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed the brief tutorial of the 7 & 1/2 Habits of Lifelong Learners, and feel that I am more self-aware concerning my own education at school and self-education throughout the rest of my life.

The hardest habit of a lifelong learner for me is: "View problems as challenges."  I would say that I am strong in every habit included in the tutorial; but, if I had to go with a weakness, it would be that one.  I would say that, at times, I view problems more as nuisances and things which keep me from delving headlong into the things I truly wish to devote my time and energy to, rather than as opportunities to sharpen my skills and broaden my knowledge.  Viewing problems as challenges would be more beneficial for me in my motivation to complete tasks.

The easiest habit of a lifelong learner for me is: "Use technology to your advantage."  I use all sorts of technology to assist in my education.  I have been teaching myself French, and used apps available on my iPhone and music to help me with that endeavor.  I watch all sorts of documentaries on Netflix concerning a myriad of topics.  I read books on my Kindle.  I find new books on Amazon and Barnes & Noble.  I use the internet on my laptop and iPhone to research and find all manners of information.

As a person who is continually educating myself with books, essays, articles, documentaries, etc., I enjoyed the 7 & 1/2 Habits of Lifelong Learners tutorial, which gave me a better self-awareness of those habits which I have done subconsciously. 

No comments:

Post a Comment