Thursday, March 6, 2014

Thing 10: Give Me an 'R'! R! Give Me an 'S'! S! Give me another 'S'! S!

Thing 10:  What's That Spell?!  RSS!

I found using the RSS on Feedy to be very fun, but addicting. I'm a news junkie (I read dozens of news articles every single day), and I immediately added my main sources of news---things like CNN, NPR, USA Today, The Huffington Post, The New York Times, and Le Monde (I read it to help with my French!).  This kind of site is bad for my health and productivity as I'm likely to get lost in a sea of useful information for hours upon hours...and my procrastination distractions are already bad enough! 

I will certainly use this in the future for my own personal use, but it would be also VERY useful in a Social Studies class where we can select articles from these sources and have a class discussion about current events and issues. 

Teachers can use this technology to find sites that could give them helpful suggestions with different classroom activities, teaching tips, and a myriad of other beneficial things.   As I already suggested, I would use this in a Social Studies class to discuss current events with my class and help create constructive conversation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment