Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Thing 14: Charting the Flow/ Minding the Map

Thing 14: Charting the Flow/ Minding the Map

For my Flowchart and Mind Map, I chose Gliffy and Mindmeister. 

I used the Gliffy to create a flowchart about the steps of the Cosmological Argument in philosophy; whereas, I made a Mind Map with Mindmeister about differing perspectives on morality and ethics.  I have had many discussions about philosophy with students at the high school where I sub, so I thought using these features to create these documents would be very handy in better explaining those topics with those kids.  Features like those on Gliffy and Mindmeister will be INCREDIBLY helpful in the classroom to create documents which can easily organize and explain material.

The difference between a flowchart and a mind map is that flowcharts seem to have a continuous and contiguous "flow" of thoughts; whereas, a mind map is not precisely ordered in a sequential manner, but in a topical one.  In other words, a flowchart moves sequentially, but a mind map simply organizes that material by topic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment